תשיג מנוי כדי להסתיר את כל מודעות הפרסום
הודעות: 3   בוקר על ידי: 38 users
23.11.2012 - 09:33
Dark Millenium

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR
It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

Welcome fellow players to the universe of Warhammer 40k. In this scenario you will have the opportunity to play one of the 7 factions struggling for galactic domination.
Each faction is completely different and each one has it's strenghts and weaknesses. Here is a short introduction to the lore, units and starting locations of every faction.

Factions

Imperium of Man

The Imperium of Man is a galaxy-spanning interstellar human empire, the ultimate authority for the majority of the human race in the Milky Way Galaxy in the 41st Millennium AD, and is ruled by the living God who is known as the Emperor of Mankind.

The Imperium of Man is a war-torn empire, teetering on the brink of collapse, constantly under siege from the rest of the galaxy. It is the largest and currently most powerful political entity in the galaxy, consisting of at least 1,000,000 human-settled worlds dispersed across most of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Imperium consists of 5 five administrative zones each one controlled by a different player.

Forces of Chaos

The Forces of Chaos, also sometimes referred to by the Imperium as the Archenemy, is a catch-all term that includes all of the myriad servants of the individual Ruinous Powers of Chaos and of the universal power of Chaos Undivided.

The entities who embody Chaos are mostly daemons, but the term also encompasses those mortals who have thrown in their lot with Chaos, ranging from simple peasants and manufactorum labourers who serve as Chaos Cultists, to Traitor Imperial Guardsmen, planetary militia, Imperial nobles, Planetary Governors, and even the mighty Chaos Space Marines. They worship four Gods of Chaos: Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle.

Orks

The Orks, also called Greenskins, are a savage, warlike, green-skinned race of humanoids who are spread all across the Milky Way Galaxy. They are seen by their enemies as savage, warlike, and crude, but they are the most successful species in the whole galaxy, outnumbering possibly every other intelligent race, even Mankind.

However, this massive population of Orks is split into hundreds of tiny empires, often warring between themselves. It has been speculated that were the Orks ever to unite as a single racial entity, they would undoubtedly crush any opposition that would dare to stand against such a tsunami of green muscle.

Eldar

The Eldar are a race of fey-like humanoids similar in appearance and culture to the sylvan elves of ancient Terran mythology and literature, and they are the most ancient and technologically advanced of all the intelligent races of the Milky Way Galaxy, except the Necrons.

Their armies usually have the advantages of great mobility, potent psychic abilities and technology that is more advanced than that deployed by the human Imperium.

Tau Empire

The Tau Empire is a rapidly expanding alien stellar empire situated within the Imperium of Man's Ultima Segmentum, near the Eastern Fringes of the Milky Way Galaxy. The Tau Empire was founded by the Tau caste called the Ethereals, who lead the Tau Empire in the name of the philosophy they have named the Greater Good. Several intelligent alien races and even some humans who have turned their backs on the Imperium have allied themselves with the Tau.

The Tau Empire borders the Imperium of Man. It has suffered many raids from the Orks, and also seems to lie in the path of several Tyranid splinter fleets of Hive Fleet Kraken. Their military relies on hi-tech battlesuits, gadgets and drones.

Tyranids

The Tyranids are a species of terrible xenos that is actually a space-faring ecosystem dedicated solely to its own propagation and evolutionary advancement. The Tyranids collectively form a monstrous superorganism that travels the universe in their great Hive Fleets of biomechanical Hive Ships, systematically consuming all other biomatter to enable its own rapid evolution and reproduction.

All Tyranid organisms are Synaptic (psychically-reactive), and each Tyranid creature within a Hive Fleet shares in a communal Hive Mind, granting the ability for trillions of beings to communicate and organize instantaneously on a staggering scale.

Necrons

The Necrons are a mysterious race of robotic skeletal warriors that have lain dormant in their stasis-tombs for more than 60 million Terran years and who are the soulless creations and former servants of the ancient C'tan, the terrible Star Gods. The Necrons are ancient beyond reckoning, predating even the birth of the Eldar. At long last, however, they are beginning to awaken from their Tomb Worlds, for the galaxy is ripe for the greatest harvest of sentient beings to feed the eternal hunger of the C'tan.

The Necrons are a completely cybernetic humanoid species whose technological prowess is probably unmatched by any of the other intelligent races of the galaxy. The Necrons shed their organic forms and lost all forms of compassion and empathy, becoming ruthless, undying killing machines who feed their endless appetite for the life energy of organic beings and they are determined to exert their mastery over the galaxy once more.

*IMPORTANT*
All 5 Imperium of Man players must be allies
No other alliances allowed

The idea is that The Imperium is strong but it's fighting on many fronts against everyone, but other factions are not allied with each other and can fight among themselves. Although The Imperium is signifcantly larger than everyone else, a lot of events will add units to other factions to achive balance.

I hope you'll have as much fun playing this scenario as I did making it.

Please leave feedback and help me improve the balance of this scenario.

GL HF

Thanks to everyone who helped me with testing. Special thanks to Warhammer 40k wiki and Laxicanum who were my sources for all this information. And ofc, special thanks to Game's Workshop for creating Warhammer 40k
----
"Not all those who wander are lost."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
טוען...
טוען...
23.11.2012 - 13:45
 Utah
Nice scenario indeed! It's a shame though that in 9/10 games one of the IM will ally with a non-IM player. It happened to me in my zombie scenario so I know from experience. (My scenario is almost the same as yours except that there are two zombies aka. Imperium of Man and they must fight everyone else who are also fighting each other) I wish you luck on this and I hope they implement your diplomatic relations suggestion.

PS: When I searched for your scenario to see all the pretty colors I could not find it.
----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
טוען...
טוען...
23.11.2012 - 15:48
Gs = good scenario my friend
טוען...
טוען...
atWar

About Us
Contact

פרטיות | תנאי שירות | באנרים | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

הצטרפו איתנו ב

הפץ את המילה