תשיג מנוי כדי להסתיר את כל מודעות הפרסום
הודעות: 6   בוקר על ידי: 42 users
13.04.2020 - 06:25
 Sascha (מנהל)
Posting it here to collect all the bug reports at the same place...

Bug Report
Expected behavior
When I have made my moves with bombers transporting ordnance depots, finish my moves and save the turn I exit normally. I expect when I return to the game before my turn starts for whatever reason, I expect to see that my bombers and ordnance to be as moved as saved.

Actual behavior
When I do renter the game the moves that should have been saved are in their original position. It is an intermittent experience but based on my inquires, other players have experienced it too. However, if I move a second time and save the turns they are show as 'secondary moves). I have also been told that if I do nothing and exist the game, the moves as originally made are displayed on my next turn. It appears to be a game display bug.

Steps to reproduce the behavior are to move the bombers and ordnance save and reenter the game. I have no idea how often the bug pops up, but I thought it sufficient to enter a bug report.

Browser Information: Browser: Chrome, Internet explorer, Lion, FireFox

Browser version: Most Current

Any other relevant information: n/a

Attachments: None

Regards

Wayne2015
----

Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
--Les Brown
טוען...
טוען...
13.04.2020 - 09:42
נכתב על ידי Sascha, 13.04.2020 at 06:25

Expected behavior
When I have made my moves with bombers transporting ordnance depots, finish my moves and save the turn I exit normally. I expect when I return to the game before my turn starts for whatever reason, I expect to see that my bombers and ordnance to be as moved as saved.

Actual behavior
When I do renter the game the moves that should have been saved are in their original position. It is an intermittent experience but based on my inquires, other players have experienced it too. However, if I move a second time and save the turns they are show as 'secondary moves). I have also been told that if I do nothing and exist the game, the moves as originally made are displayed on my next turn. It appears to be a game display bug.

This is (along with the programming of the "turn 0") the most important improvement that can be done for casual games.

Once this is fixed, it will finally be possible, we hope, to have this "save but do not end turn" button.
This will allow us to play a few moves, save but not end turn, come back later, and finish our turn. Pretty useful if we are in a game with tens of thousands of units - or if we have a life that prevents us from playing 4 hours in a row.

(Everytime we write about this, some mention that you can already play some moves, end your turn, quit, and come back. But this is not the case if you are the last player to play; as soon as you will press end of turn, the game will move forward to the next turn).
טוען...
טוען...
27.09.2021 - 14:13
Would anyone know if this is going to be addressed in the near future or not? Just curious, no pressure.
טוען...
טוען...
27.09.2021 - 15:57
 Dave (אדמין)
נכתב על ידי Noir Brillant, 27.09.2021 at 14:13

Would anyone know if this is going to be addressed in the near future or not? Just curious, no pressure.

Yes I'm working on it, but it will take a while.

The entire way AW saves/loads games is janky and not reliable. In July I started working on a replacement system. I got the saving-half of it more or less done. I still have to do the "loading it back in again" part. I'm hoping it will fix problems like this bug report, and other things too. However there's a chance it won't fix everything -- there may still be bugs elsewhere -- but it should make them easier to track down at that point.

Anyway it's definitely a work in progress.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

טוען...
טוען...
27.09.2021 - 17:46
נכתב על ידי Dave, 27.09.2021 at 15:57

Thanks for your quick reply, and of course for working on this problem.
It's not a trivial one I am sure.
I am actually very happy to hear that the first half has already been worked on.

Good luck
טוען...
טוען...
05.12.2022 - 23:53
נכתב על ידי Dave, 27.09.2021 at 15:57

נכתב על ידי Noir Brillant, 27.09.2021 at 14:13

Yes I'm working on it, but it will take a while.

The entire way AW saves/loads games is janky and not reliable. In July I started working on a replacement system. I got the saving-half of it more or less done. I still have to do the "loading it back in again" part. I'm hoping it will fix problems like this bug report, and other things too. However there's a chance it won't fix everything -- there may still be bugs elsewhere -- but it should make them easier to track down at that point.

Anyway it's definitely a work in progress.

Hi Dave,

Has this "loading it back in again" part been worked on since comment above?
As always, I'm just being curious, no pressure
טוען...
טוען...
atWar

About Us
Contact

פרטיות | תנאי שירות | באנרים | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

הצטרפו איתנו ב

הפץ את המילה