תשיג מנוי כדי להסתיר את כל מודעות הפרסום
הודעות: 38   בוקר על ידי: 458 users
14.02.2014 - 16:06
Map: Competitive Map: Dreamworld.

Difference from Eu+
Goal was to create a different experience from the current Eu+ and to make other strategies more viable
such as:

IF
SM
NC

Since there is a lot of water and ports on my map, skillful transport maneuvers will be necessary.
This makes every game in general very fast paced. A game takes mostly not more
than one hour.

Picking Order
Each team has to be careful with their picking order.
In general there are more countries that are suitable than in EU+.
Your country picks decide if your team starts the game with an
advantage or not.

Recommended Picking order is:
Team A picks one country in the center (Enaar or Merish)
Team B picks one country in the center (Enaar or Merish)
Note: Enaar and Merish are almost identically powerful.
Then Team A picks one country on the NW/NE Island(Jharkendar/Springwood)
and then they go for one of the countries in the south such as Fraterna, Paramenides, Fayden and so on.

In early till late game both teams are supposed to clash in the center and fight for it.
The middle of the map has the most income and reinforcements.

Additional Information
- 50% of all cities have a port.
- Memorizing expansion tutorials will be fairly useful.
- Surprise Factor is much bigger than on the Europe+ Map.
- This allows more diversity in comparison to the EU+ Map where expansions are very easy to predict.
- Every country can easily be reached with a sea transport in the center and fairly well on the map in general

- There are 3 main islands.
NW + NE Island
- The NW + NE island have mainly low income countries with high reinforcement rates.
- Most powerful country on the NW Island is Jharkendar.
- Most powerful country on the NE Island is Springwood.
- Main task of a player on the NW or NE island is to get to the center and
help his teammates to fight his opponent in the center.

Center
- The Island in the center has cities with high income and high reinforcement rates.
- Most powerful countries in the center are Enaar and Merish.
- Holding and defending the center is very important.

South
- The Island in the south has cities with low reinforcement rates and High/Mid Income
- Naval Commander is very powerful with starting countries such as Fayden and Paramenides.
- The "small" islands that are close to the big island in the south have decent income.
- Main task of a player on the Southern Islands is to get to the center and help
- his teammates to fight his opponent in the center and
also do small assaults on the opponent who has his capital on the NW or NE Island

Credits:
Mapbackground by Paramenides-MapStock
Link to his profile:
http://paramenides-mapstock.deviantart.com/

Map-background Thumbnail
Fantasy Landscape by Deevad

EDIT: Changes:
Reduced the costs of bombers by -10.
Removed ports from Ascose and Daress in order to make them less powerful.
-10 Cost for Destroyers
Removed Sentry Planes
EDIT: Removed Crit + Collateral Dmg
Note: Upgrades/Strategies will still add crit to units!
Boosted income in Westhill and Sershet by 50 each
300 Income added to each respective half of the center:
Full IF infantry spam should be more attainable.
Stoughmere Cay and Causarock Island added in the south to each half (left and right).
Both provide roughly 250 income.
Reinforcements in the south reduced by 10 on each half
Income in the south increased by 50 on each half
Destroyer costs reduced by another 10
Reduced AT Costs by 50 (meant to buff SM and since AT's are barely useful because of the vast amount of sea)
Reinforcements in the south reduced by another 3 on each half (01.09.2018)
טוען...
טוען...
15.02.2014 - 02:02
Awesome map, I think Alex made LB work on it lololo. Also NC is good at the west side too. MoS is a viable strategy pretty much anywhere with money, and I love the idea of trying to make IF viable on the map. IF strong! IMP is good too on Dreamwold.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

טוען...
טוען...
15.02.2014 - 13:00
Nice map Chess!
Though I wish I had read your post before starting the Dreamworld casual game... :S
טוען...
טוען...
16.02.2014 - 11:15
Great map; not sure about balance (haven't played it). Just some suggestions:

• At some places would just adjust some borders, since there are gaps between countries, which can cause movement restrictions.

• Resize some country labels, they look to big.

• Reposition some country labels, they are being overlapped by cities.

Again, great map. Looking forward to play it in a 2v2 or 3v3.
Cheers!
----
טוען...
טוען...
16.02.2014 - 15:39
Is a good map, have only given it three runs so far, NE is indeed very poor luckily I chose a cheap strat. NW seemed like a good area to start, I chose DS tho, probably wasn't the best choice. I like the map, the interpretation of borders and spacing between countries is good. I also think you should make a clone version that is looping to see how it works out, could prove to be interesting.
טוען...
טוען...
16.02.2014 - 18:46
AlexMeza
החשבון נמחק
נכתב על ידי The Tactician, 15.02.2014 at 02:02

Awesome map, I think Alex made LB work on it lololo. Also NC is good at the west side too. MoS is a viable strategy pretty much anywhere with money, and I love the idea of trying to make IF viable on the map. IF strong! IMP is good too on Dreamwold.

LB Rush too strong for everyone. Huehue. IF also works but is harder and can't use militias in most of cases. I have only tried being a fgt on the rich part of center. Otherwise, I would have to pick something with good starting funds, same goes for IF. IF has too much range limitations in center, though, that's why I prefer LB.

LB is almost the same as +1 HP, IF is +2 but range limitation. The thing I love about LB, is that the only nerf is cost.
טוען...
טוען...
09.03.2014 - 22:30
Did you try this looping yet?
טוען...
טוען...
19.10.2014 - 22:44
נכתב על ידי Chess, 19.10.2014 at 13:24

Changelog:
Gave Anti-Air +2 Range.
Reduced the costs of bombers by -10.

nice additions, i must give sm a try on that map.

but one thing id like to suggest, have you considered making the northeast more independently competitive? what i mean by this is teamgames on this map atm generally result in a gangbang on the centre, since the main income and reinforcements are concentrated there. some might pick the islands to the south and maybe a country in the west.

but the northeast is useless. i played there once as imp springwood and brought 80 inf to the centre turn 5, but the problem was my oppoents had made quick work of my ally and each matched me for troop counts as pd. i had around 1k income. i was no match for them.

i think it would be interesting to power up the northeast for economic strats like imp and gw. increase the income and reinforcements in that area and give players a reason to compete over it. pehaps make it powerful enough so that in a 1v1 situation it could compete with a pd player in the centre.
----
טוען...
טוען...
20.10.2014 - 08:37
Can I get some Tips or gameplays about beating Merish please? with Enaar and without rush...

I've had a good fight against Meester, he Merish and I Enaar. Even though I had better expancion outside from the center, he still managed to get all the center and kill me.

And almost 2 hours vs Laochra, I was Merish and he was Enaar. Was a close fight but still somehow I managed to get the nothern countries from the center and won....

Why Merish can get center so easy? I dont get it...
טוען...
טוען...
20.10.2014 - 10:16
נכתב על ידי Chess, 20.10.2014 at 09:32

If your teammate in the center loses to the enemy in the center very fast, your team pretty much has lower chances of winning, you won't be able to turn around the game with the NE/NW island. Same with ukr vs turk in the east. If Ukraine loses to Turkey too fast, the team where Turkey is will most likely win.

Or do you mean if two people of one team pick two countries in west? (Ascose and Enaar for example), then you have to rush into the center with the NW/NE island. I can't imagine that if you bring 80 infantry to the center and still not be able to capture someone's capital if they have wasted most of their units on rushing your teammate in the center.

Also there are presets that are for 2v2 and 1v1 and these presets disable certain regions, you should check them out. Only 3v3 is meant to be played on the whole map.

Well yes, a quick glance at the income and layout of that area and you quickly see its potential limitations. In a 3v3+ situation it might be decent with enaar as an enemy. But im not sure i would value it over a southern island pick. More testing is needed in that regard. But i know why you made the 2v2 preset. I would never pick NE in a 2v2. as for the 1v1 preset, it pretty much sums up all the viable picks for 1v1s. but thats what i'm suggesting, i would like to see NE powered up so seershet and springwood could counter enaar/merish in 1v1s. and in teamgames they would have to counter each other. It might be a potential solution to how players cluster into the centre and southern islands in teamgames, giving them another worthwhile area to fight over.
----
טוען...
טוען...
20.10.2014 - 20:26
נכתב על ידי Chess, 20.10.2014 at 13:12

Changelog: Removed ports from Ascose and Daress in order to make them less powerful. They have been picked too often in the past.

good, this was the reason for my suggestion, i disliked how in 3v3s people would bundle into the centre, the games we played earlier were great since people were spread out.
----
טוען...
טוען...
08.12.2015 - 06:16
You can't cw in custom map soooooo
----
Hi
טוען...
טוען...
08.12.2015 - 08:51
נכתב על ידי Legendary Hero, 08.12.2015 at 06:16

You can't cw in custom map soooooo

that was fixed
----
טוען...
טוען...
23.09.2016 - 00:50
I've praised the map in other threads, but I'll say here, that I really like it. It's neat seeing this thread, because I played the map a few times in 2014, and it's definitely different now (reducing all CC to 0 and adding ground transports being the most noticeable - I played my third game on the map just a couple months ago), and very different from these old posts. I remember reading the original post by following the link from the map description. Very helpful!

I have played NC from Long Forgotten Islands and am undefeated (each time with fairly well-balanced teams in terms of skill, rank and spawning locations). Granted, that's only 3 data points, but with completely different sets of players each time. I have been tempted to try the same thing from the SE corner, but been having too much fun. Of course, those are also necessarily 10k games because LFI is a hair over 5k.

When my casual game load drops to more manageable levels, I want to start a 5k game and try NC from somewhere else, perhaps Laodema or Esterdragon.
----
Embrace the void
טוען...
טוען...
23.09.2016 - 08:31
I really enjoy this map myself. I am a DS diehard and have found this map to be very friendly to this strat. I have started in the NW, SW islands and southern ends of the map and have been very successful. Even ended the game after losing my team in a 2v1 situation and still won the game. Got capped 3 times but my opponents were unable to hold it for more than 1 turn. I do agree the eastern and NE side of the map is weak financially and if I was to change anything I would adjust the income in that region to make it more equal to the western side. Other than that, I really like this map and it is fun to play.
----
"The edge is never very far away, when you're hanging on by your fingernails." ©
טוען...
טוען...
23.09.2016 - 19:37
----
ho
טוען...
טוען...
21.11.2016 - 18:16
I think im in love
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

טוען...
טוען...
23.12.2016 - 21:32
נכתב על ידי Chess, 15.12.2016 at 23:08

Woooot 600 Plays.

It's still awesome.

----
ho
טוען...
טוען...
24.01.2017 - 23:13
נכתב על ידי Chess, 20.11.2016 at 12:45

Bump.

Bump ME!
----
AVADAKADAVRA
טוען...
טוען...
01.05.2017 - 19:48
נכתב על ידי Chess, 20.10.2014 at 09:32

נכתב על ידי Permamuted, 19.10.2014 at 22:44

but one thing id like to suggest, have you considered making the northeast more independently competitive? what i mean by this is teamgames on this map atm generally result in a gangbang on the centre, since the main income and reinforcements are concentrated there. some might pick the islands to the south and maybe a country in the west.

but the northeast is useless. i played there once as imp springwood and brought 80 inf to the centre turn 5, but the problem was my oppoents had made quick work of my ally and each matched me for troop counts as pd. i had around 1k income. i was no match for them.

i think it would be interesting to power up the northeast for economic strats like imp and gw. increase the income and reinforcements in that area and give players a reason to compete over it. pehaps make it powerful enough so that in a 1v1 situation it could compete with a pd player in the centre.

If your teammate in the center loses to the enemy in the center very fast, your team pretty much has very low chances of winning, you won't be able to turn around the game with the NE/NW island. Same with ukr vs turk in the east. If Ukraine loses to Turkey too fast, the team where Turkey is will most likely win.

Or do you mean if two people of one team pick two countries in west? (Ascose and Enaar for example), then you have to rush into the center with the NW/NE island. I can't imagine that if you bring 80 infantry to the center and still not be able to capture someone's capital if they have wasted most of their units on rushing your teammate in the center.

Also there are presets that are for 2v2 and 1v1 and these presets disable certain regions, you should check them out. Only 3v3 is meant to be played on the whole map.

You even created your own version of east...

----

טוען...
טוען...
04.06.2017 - 20:42
נכתב על ידי Chess, 04.06.2017 at 18:38

Bump.

It is hard to find people that wants to duel in it
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

טוען...
טוען...
06.06.2017 - 12:17
נכתב על ידי Chess, 04.06.2017 at 21:25

Pussy generation.

Apparently, it's not balanced. That shouldn't be the case since when you cut the map in half each side has roughly the same income.

For the most part, I've been told it is too small and there are too many cities. Idk if that's what actually makes people dislike the map because I find it to be somewhat similar to western eu in that sense
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

טוען...
טוען...
15.06.2017 - 01:05
נכתב על ידי Chess, 04.06.2017 at 21:25

נכתב על ידי RaulPB, 04.06.2017 at 20:42

נכתב על ידי Chess, 04.06.2017 at 18:38

Bump.

It is hard to find people that wants to duel in it

Pussy generation.

Apparently, it's not balanced. That shouldn't be the case since when you cut the map in half each side has roughly the same income.

Nice map
----

טוען...
טוען...
17.06.2017 - 03:05
I think there is a big problem with this map and that big problem is that the map is not realistic like the eu map. can it be more real life?
טוען...
טוען...
17.06.2017 - 07:06
נכתב על ידי gothboy, 17.06.2017 at 03:05

I think there is a big problem with this map and that big problem is that the map is not realistic like the eu map. can it be more real life?

Why is that considered to be a problem exactly? Can't get out of Eu+?
----
We're all people.

טוען...
טוען...
17.06.2017 - 12:54
נכתב על ידי RaulPB, 17.06.2017 at 07:06

It's called dreamworld...

Nothing wrong with being unrealistic.
----

טוען...
טוען...
10.08.2017 - 17:22
 4nic
נכתב על ידי Chess, 08.08.2017 at 11:58

There is a scenario version, which just simply disables any picks apart from the major countries, so people don't make unwise country choices.
For 3v3 only.

Did those Rpfags trigger you
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

טוען...
טוען...
11.08.2017 - 16:50
Best map
----
Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare. All your sins punished.
טוען...
טוען...
27.11.2017 - 03:01
נכתב על ידי Chess, 14.02.2014 at 16:06

- Memorizing expansion tutorials will be fairly useful.

No?
----

טוען...
טוען...
27.11.2017 - 07:56
 4nic
נכתב על ידי RaulPB, 17.06.2017 at 07:06

U just got baited brah
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

טוען...
טוען...
atWar

About Us
Contact

פרטיות | תנאי שירות | באנרים | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

הצטרפו איתנו ב

הפץ את המילה