תשיג מנוי כדי להסתיר את כל מודעות הפרסום
הודעות: 38   בוקר על ידי: 177 users
02.03.2013 - 15:50
So there, out of my frustration of being blocked from wikia for multiuploading, I started a new project to display images and data that aren't shown to us normally or are not organised in one place. It is all done by me atm with Default Map Cities by Continents, Upgrades, Units data all there.

http://atwar-database.weebly.com or Click Here

I am also experimenting the blogging features of weebly and set up a RSS feed on the homescreen. Live reports maybe?

EDIT: Now with sortable tables and added Player Stats (from Columna Durruti)! (4/3/13)

Please give suggestions and comments!
טוען...
טוען...
02.03.2013 - 16:01
 VRIL
This should be included in the wiki anyway. It is unnecessary to create a new website for any piece of information.
טוען...
טוען...
02.03.2013 - 16:07
נכתב על ידי VRIL, 02.03.2013 at 16:01

This should be included in the wiki anyway. It is unnecessary to create a new website for any piece of information.

The wiki uses what is already obvious knowledge, a database is more in-depth with more numerical data.
Also, I prefer not to have my work suddenly taken down by an anonymous troll because of open user-contribution.

PS: The Units / Upgrades/ Cities section of wiki is a bit dismal at the moment really.
טוען...
טוען...
02.03.2013 - 16:15

VRIL summed it up.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
טוען...
טוען...
02.03.2013 - 16:40
נכתב על ידי Spart, 02.03.2013 at 16:15

VRIL summed it up.

Has he heck. He just equated wiki information to be the same as database information. That is as shallow as saying York is the same as New York.
טוען...
טוען...
02.03.2013 - 17:42
i'ma throw up better images for the strategies. (at the unsquashed quality of the wiki)
if you think those are to big, you can use the one below and just change the number of the png in the link. Make sure you include strategy stats in the text though (which you currently haven't done)

Also, change MOS to flexible stealth (you can play great in both defense and offense really)

Also, it would be cool if the city stats were more easy to read, i could get round to working that out if i had access to edit.

lastly. does there really need to be numbers to the units, strats and upgrades?
טוען...
טוען...
02.03.2013 - 20:58

The kid wants to contribute to the community. Obviously you are not in charge, but why not give him support - just as a matter of principle?
טוען...
טוען...
02.03.2013 - 22:16

i think it's unnecessary to talk down contributions in an aw community that has been getting less and less active as time goes on, as this is really the only valuable thing that i've seen in a while
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
טוען...
טוען...
03.03.2013 - 02:26
נכתב על ידי nonames, 02.03.2013 at 17:42

if you think those are to big, you can use the one below and just change the number of the png in the link. Make sure you include strategy stats in the text though (which you currently haven't done)

Thanks, I had been using the 302x64 ones just shrunk down to 25% I have restored the size now.
For strategy stats, I am adding them one by one page today.
נכתב על ידי nonames, 02.03.2013 at 17:42

Also, it would be cool if the city stats were more easy to read, i could get round to working that out if i had access to edit.

It is the text size of weebly html paragraphs :|
You can have access to edit, I can manually add you in if you pm me your e-mail XD.
נכתב על ידי NateBaller, 02.03.2013 at 20:58

The kid wants to contribute to the community. Obviously you are not in charge, but why not give him support - just as a matter of principle?

נכתב על ידי VAGlNEER 2.0, 02.03.2013 at 22:16

i think it's unnecessary to talk down contributions in an aw community that has been getting less and less active as time goes on, as this is really the only valuable thing that i've seen in a while

It owes to the fact that I don't want these values to be changed in the open access wiki.
VRIL just doesn't want AW players to go all over the place and that atWar wiki was started by the playDB reviewer (MiniDude) and endorsed by the admins (Hover over FAQ on top bar; Front page notice)

I want the data mainly accessible in-game, condense it all together, send it out to something more friendly (no Silverlight required)
The blog and its RSS feed is there to allow more discussion of atWar without getting hacked down admins saying "low priority" or mods locking threads/deleting posts.
טוען...
טוען...
03.03.2013 - 03:28
Ezzatam,
You are just doing a great job for the AW community. Really dedicating time for the further developmento of the game (and the community itself).
Would be pleased to post a monthly column on player statistics similar to:
http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=7005 or
http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=7289

Monthly statistics on top 50 players with analysis (as to date and new monthly variations).

Cheers,
CD
----
טוען...
טוען...
03.03.2013 - 11:41
Dark Knight
החשבון נמחק
Excellent work, Ezza. Keep it up for the month and you should be up there as a contender for POTM. You shouldn't do it just for the month or to get the POTM either, but I know you aren't like that and you truly are dedicating your time for AW. As for the rating, I gave you 10/10. Good job m8!
טוען...
טוען...
03.03.2013 - 14:36
It would be nice to have all the information in one place, but as the wiki is vulnerable to trolls, it makes sense to keep it under your control. Nice work
טוען...
טוען...
04.03.2013 - 02:59
At the moment, the data is sorted by country name in alphabetical order. Is there any way we can sort by other things (population, income, etc)?

Also, great job, ezzatam. I can see this being quite useful in the future.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
טוען...
טוען...
04.03.2013 - 12:10
I wish my html was of a good enough standard. i'm afraid to destroy everything i touch.
טוען...
טוען...
04.03.2013 - 13:52
נכתב על ידי Mathdino, 04.03.2013 at 02:59

At the moment, the data is sorted by country name in alphabetical order. Is there any way we can sort by other things (population, income, etc)?

Great shout Math, I done it now.

You are free to sort it how you like (just fixed).

Click on the column headings to sort [now I know that Lagos is richest/most populous city in Africa!]

PS:I added the javascript to the continent pages and list of units page.
טוען...
טוען...
05.03.2013 - 14:11
I also added CD's player stats data (also sortable)
and redesigned the page as per Usernames' request.
טוען...
טוען...
05.03.2013 - 14:16
Great job! Looks much much much better!
----
טוען...
טוען...
06.03.2013 - 05:43
None strategy is not added...
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
טוען...
טוען...
15.03.2013 - 02:03
Still waiting for more suggestions!

AtWar wiki is in a bit of disrepair at the moment, so AW Database is the only authoritative source (alongside this site)!
טוען...
טוען...
15.03.2013 - 13:09
נכתב על ידי ezzatam, 15.03.2013 at 02:03

Still waiting for more suggestions!

AtWar wiki is in a bit of disrepair at the moment, so AW Database is the only authoritative source (alongside this site)!

featured scenario list
with ezzatam comments.
טוען...
טוען...
02.09.2014 - 22:14
AtWar Database has been re-launched!
Please check it out here: http://atwardatabase.weebly.com/
You can also access it through the HELP tab and then clicking on "atWar Database".
Please collaborate with this project!
----
טוען...
טוען...
03.09.2014 - 11:02
Awesome
----
טוען...
טוען...
03.09.2014 - 11:19
נכתב על ידי Goblin, 03.09.2014 at 11:02

Awesome
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
טוען...
טוען...
03.09.2014 - 11:21
נכתב על ידי Columna Durruti, 02.09.2014 at 22:14

AtWar Database has been re-launched!
Please check it out here: http://atwardatabase.weebly.com/
You can also access it through the HELP tab and then clicking on "atWar Database".
Please collaborate with this project!

Chess should transfer his record book and hall of fame to the database.
----
טוען...
טוען...
08.09.2014 - 10:13
Updated here: http://atwardatabase.weebly.com/

Send suggestions!
Participate!
----
טוען...
טוען...
10.09.2014 - 16:15
Death1812
החשבון נמחק
נכתב על ידי Columna Durruti, 08.09.2014 at 10:13

Updated here: http://atwardatabase.weebly.com/

Send suggestions!
Participate!
טוען...
טוען...
20.09.2014 - 11:26
atWar Database has been updated! Check it out.
Send suggestions!
Participate!
----
טוען...
טוען...
20.09.2014 - 11:30
Very nice!
טוען...
טוען...
23.09.2014 - 02:44
Great work!
טוען...
טוען...
23.09.2014 - 07:22
Good job as always, CD.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
טוען...
טוען...
atWar

About Us
Contact

פרטיות | תנאי שירות | באנרים | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

הצטרפו איתנו ב

הפץ את המילה